Board of Advisors Guidelines
Reverse Logistics Association's (RLA) Board of Advisors (BOA) is composed of up to 15 industry professionals with distinct functional expertise. RLA receives advice and council from the BOA collectively and taps their broad background of experience in the Supply Chain Aftermarket. All the members are veterans of the reverse logistics industry or event management and have a working relationship with RLA & Reverse Logistics Trade Shows (RLTS). The BOA are active participants in building the association, supporting third party relationships with OEM/ODM, Branded and Retail companies, and all have a professional interest in the association business objectives.
The BOA meets in a formal setting 3 times a year (at www.RLTShows.com). At these formal meetings the BOA comes prepared to discuss business plans of RLA and RLTS along with presentations on the latest market trends that they have observed in the Reverse Logistics industry. Reports from RLA/RLTS staff are made on the progress, changes and challenges since the last meeting. Regional Advisory Councils (Chapters) and Focus Committee reports are presented with announcements on any new services from RLA. These meetings last approximately 2 hours and are held generally before or after the evening reception for RLTS speakers and exhibitors.
The members of the BOA have input to steering the events & support services of RLA, so this role is very similar to Board level without having fiduciary responsibilities.
The BOA are from the following disciplines:
- Research and Consulting firms
- 3rd Party Logistics providers (with repair services)
- 3rd Party Service Providers (including EMEA, APAC & the Americas)
- Contract Manufacturers (with repair services)
- OEM, Branded and Retail companies (including EMEA, APAC & the Americas)
- IT Management Software & Help Desk Companies
- Trade show and Event Management Professionals
Listed are some BOA support functions:
- Posting the RLA and RLTS links on your company web site
- Provide Speakers at RL Conference & Expo's
- Host Facility Tours of your operations
- Participation in RL Quote for Outsourcing of Services
- Promote the VIP Voucher Program for RLTS